Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I love my dog


I wanted to keep the pictures up as the first thing you see on our blog because they are just so nice! But something that happened to me yesterday just keeps grating on me, and I'm hoping that if I vent it on here, maybe I can let it go.
I went to turn in our rent check, just like I've been doing almost every month for the last almost 2 years, and was met with hateful words. I take Sakura and Happy with me and we enjoy a nice walk together down to the office and then come back and play at the park when we're done, while I look through the mail. This time, I went to the office with my girls, as usual, and saw the front door was open, indicating someone was there. Well, no one was. So we sat down to wait. After about 10 minutes, I had Sakura go over and knock on the door that led to the back offices to see if anyone was here and just didn't know we were waiting. A lady comes out, clearly annoyed at being bothered when the door was obviously closed and as she took my check told me not to bring my dog anymore because heaven forbid he bit a potential new renter, and then went back into the back offices and closed the door. She is the only worker who has a problem with Happy. She is always curt when talking to me and borders on downright rude whenever I have Happy with me. I dread her being the one working anytime I go to drop off the rent. One lady is very nice and always greets Happy by name and talks to Sakura and me as though we're friends. Anyone else is just cordial. I understand if they don't want Happy coming in - just tell me you'd rather not have dogs in the "clubhouse" or office, or whatever it is. That's fine. I know not everyone likes dogs and it's a public place. But to tell me you don't want my dog to bite a potential customer? That's just being a &*%#@. And gee, I'm sorry I disturbed you AT WORK to PAY my rent, which is how you make any money at your job. Our contract is up in May, and if we didn't have so much stuff plus a baby due just when our contract runs out, I would just as soon move to somewhere with staff who don't insult me. I've been trying not to be upset about this anymore, but I AM a hormonal pregnant lady - guess I can only expect so much of myself.

4 comments:

Camille Farias said...

I have a friend who always says that the more she gets to know people, the more she prefers her dog.

Shasta said...

That woman needs to pull the corncob--or seashall since you are in NC--out of her hiney!

Adrienne said...

so sorry.

Natalie said...

Thanks guys - I definitely feel better. :)