Chad started Night Float this week, which means Sunday through Thursday he works 7:30pm to 9am the next morning, getting Friday and Saturday nights off. It also means he is home and supposed to be sleeping all day. It's terrible timing because he leaves before Sakura goes to bed, so she's upset that he's gone, and when he comes home in the morning, she is up and wanting to play with her daddy and he disappears into the bedroom to sleep. So we've been trying to get out of the house in the morning so Sakura can forget that daddy is just in the other room. The problem is, I am a homebody. I do NOT want to go out for 2-3 hours every morning. I've got stuff to get done at home; I'm just not that social; I don't have the money to spend; and I'm plain old tired all the time. I stayed home this morning to do laundry, since it was overflowing the hamper and spilling onto the floor as well as accumulating in large piles all over the house. Every time I wasn't actively entertaining Sakura, she was in bugging her dad. Trade out the laundry - bugging her dad. Go to the bathroom- bugging her dad. Trying to put together something else to do - bugging her dad. She doesn't take a nap til 1pm, but I lost it at noon, which is why I am able to blog right now, otherwise she'd be in bugging her dad. This morning we took her broken crayons and melted them in flower molds to make new crayons, we colored, we played with stickers, we danced, we watched "The Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and the Beast", jumped on the couch... plus I've got my 3rd load of laundry in the wash... and that wasn't even 3 hours! I'm exhausted! And Monday night was his first night to work, so it's only been 3 days! I went grocery shopping on Tuesday, walked all over the mall on Wednesday, and well, you just heard what I did today. Plus I had the Elders over on Tuesday night, my visiting teachers over yesterday evening, and this afternoon I have an appointment with my shrink. I hit my 3rd trimester officially on Monday. It's supposed to be the time of pregnancy where you focus on rest, relaxation and getting ready for the baby. This is going to be my busiest trimester yet! What with night float, Team C (the short-handed team) following that, my brother's wedding and Sakura's birthday, not to mention all the regular things I have to take care of plus getting ready for the baby to come! Some days I feel equipped to handle life's stresses, but right now is not one of those days. Maybe later... after a nap? for Sakura at least!
Oh yeah - the picture is what I've gotten ready for the baby so far. We tossed the crib since it was broken and I set up the cradle (which needed new screws); I recovered the pink and lace cradle bedding with green turtles on a blue background, fixed the broken mobile, covered up the purple edging on the crib bedding (before I realized the crib was going to have to be tossed), sorted out the baby toys from Sakura's stuff, moved the yellow collapsible shelving from Sakura's room and moving the toys it held into plastic bins, re-arranged our bedroom furniture to accommodate for baby being in our room, sorted and donated tons of stuff we never use to make room for little boy stuff and baby furniture etc, found all the baby feeding supplies, packed up all the breast-feeding stuff since I won't be needing it after all, and... I guess that's it. I was going to make a blanket and I'm still planning on covering up the purple edging on the burp rag bag and hanging that next to the rocker, but honestly, throwing out the crib derailed me and I just haven't been on board much since. I've still got 3 months though, I'm sure that "nesting" thing will kick in again eventually.

2 comments:
It sounds like you've already gotten to the nesting thing. Hang in their!
That's a hard schedule! You're on the home stretch, just a few more months :-)
Post a Comment