Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yay Juice!

Ok, because I'm bound to forget what I did, here is my reminder: I've had 3 very successful juicing episodes (well, kinda 2) and I'm going to write them down here for me and you are welcome to try them yourself if you want to. :)
1: 5 red delicious apples and 3 large carrots - make into popsicles! Sakura is gobbling them down.
2: take the pulp from the above recipe, cook with cinnamon and brown sugar for yummy "applesauce" or use for filling in homemade oatmeal breakfast bars. Haven't gotten Sakura to try them yet, but Chad and I are loving them.
3: 2 red delicious apples, 2 granny smith apples, 3 navel oranges, 3 large carrots, 5 stalks of celery and 1/2 container of fresh strawberries. It's the only juice I've made so far that Chad has gone back and poured himself a second, larger glass. :)

Now I need to figure out recipes without carrots, or we're ALL going to turn orange!

1 comment:

Creed Family said...

Yummo, thanks for sharing your successes! Here's one we've tried with no carrots: 2 stalks of celery, a handful of spinach, 1/2 a cucumber and 1 large apple. Very green!