Sunday, February 21, 2010

Last Call

Today was my last day teaching the Laurels. :( To be honest, I was really worried when I first accepted the calling. I thought: "What could I possibly teach these girls? I'm not exactly the model mormon." I was nervous about my limitations with pregnancy and Chad's work schedule and Sakura and everything... but things finally felt like they were going smoothly and I was feeling less and less like every week I taught should be counted as a "courage moment." And then the second counselor in the bishopric asked to see me and said I was being released... after only serving for 2 months. I dreamt of moving away that night and never seeing any of my girls again! Good thing I know there's no chance we're moving for at least another year and half! Change is inevitable and often unexpected. So now that I've finally gotten over worrying about my calling, I have no calling and get to worry about what kind of calling I MAY be getting. Sis. McGill was released as ward activity leader... and the 11 year old boys don't have a primary teacher... uh oh... there's lots it could be... maybe they'll just let me coast til the baby is 6 months old? Probably not. :) (btw, if I used the wrong form of counselor... sorry... I'm never gonna get it right!)

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

i was wondering what was still open... I'll battle you for nothing :)

Lanae said...

Hopefully they'll give you a good calling! They called me to be in the nursery two weeks before I had Cayden. Weird!
But then they told me I wouldn't have to actually be in the nursery for 6 months. So before I actually served in the nursery, I was released and now I teach the 14/15 year olds. How are you feeling anyway? Hope all is well with you and the family!