Thursday, September 24, 2009

Toy Story

The voting is over and people seemed to like Toy Story. Plus, this is the last year I'll be the one deciding (and only barely!) And Toy Story 3 is coming out in October, so... that's what we're going to do. So far, Chad is turning out to be the priciest (because of accessories... I got him the gun and holster that fires caps... boys!) and Sakura is turning out to be the hardest. I can't find a white dress with pink polka dots anywhere! I quail at the thought of having to make a dress myself... I thought chaps were going to be my hardest item. The fabric store is my next stop though. We've been to 3 thrift stores, Wal-mart, the Dollar Store, Target, Once Upon a Child, Marshalls, and Party City (all this week). Tomorrow we're going to hit JoAnn's and A.C. Moore. Hopefully, I will find the rest of what I need there... even if it means finding pink polka dot fabric and a dress pattern. Oh yeah, here's the line-up:

Chad - Woody
Natalie - Jessie
Sakura - Bo Peep
Happiness - Slinky Dog
George - sheep (I don't think she'll give up carrying George around just for Halloween)

And here's how the costumes are coming so far - It's a pair of leggings I cut up with pipe cleaners sewn on. It's not finished yet because I ran out of pipe cleaners.

2 comments:

AVIDINHA said...

you'll have to get happy a green collar, and you could use the spine from a spiral notebook for her tail. i can't wait to see the rest of them.

Natalie said...

I'm definitely getting a green collar but I don't know if the tail is going to work - I wrapped a pipe cleaner around her tail, and she wagged it right off!