The plan was to go check the mail and play at the playground. Unfortunately, it resulted in barking, crying, screaming and coming in the house. You see, there are these 3 kids who live across from us who drive me nuts when they're at the playground! They are the ONLY kids who don't get along with Happy - why? Because they try to pet her and then run away - Happy barks at me if I run... she probably thinks these kids are trying to harm her by coming that close and then running away. I try telling them not to do that - I've even tried telling their parents, when they're there, but still they just don't seem to get it. So ok, fine, they don't like dogs - Happy just has to be tied up and watch when they're around. That's ok, I understand. But then they taunt her for being tied up! And they're still afraid of her barking even all the way across the playground. And these kids are like 8, 10 and 12! We're not talking 2 or 3! And then you know what really gets me? They got a dog!!! Yes, they brought home a puppy. And do you know what kind? A pit bull puppy. A
PIT BULL! Those kids can't get along with Happy - one of the most easy-going, SMALLest dogs there are, and they are going to live with a pit bull?! Amazing. Oh yeah - and they kept hogging the swings. Aaaaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I just had to vent.
3 comments:
Kids who can't leave other people's dogs along suck. Usually I just put on my "scary teacher" face and tell them to leave my little ladies alone or they'll be sorry. Mean? Maybe. Effective? Yes!
oh dear. well happy is welcome in our yard
A Pit Bull?? I'd stay far away :-) Sorry to hear about the dog and neighborhood drama.
I hope everything else is going well. Love you guys! Lanae
Post a Comment