So I'm talking on the phone with my brother in Arizona, and as I'm distracted in conversation, Happy comes along and eats this "Veggie Bite" out of my hand. First of all, a Veggie Bite is composed of carrots, celery, onions, flour and eggs, and looks kinda like a cookie. If you're expecting to taste a cookie, you might be surprised when you eat one. It's one of Natalie's new recipes.
I think she was offended because she thinks I fed it to Happy on purpose, but in reality I was unable to talk on the phone and pay attention to what the dog was doing because I'm a guy with a one-track mind. I ate one of these after the phone conversation, but the damage was already done.
So what better way to punish me? (Making me do the dishes is one, I suppose :) I come home today from work and she has me try one of these with a touch of sour cream, and it was pretty good. I ask, are there any more? She happened to eat all of them except the last one. Tantilizing, yes.
Natalie is quite the cook. She's been experimenting with different kinds of foods lately, and I'm proud of her for doing so. She's learning to make a lot of dishes from scratch. We have a wheat grinder now, flax seed is added to most meals, and somehow she sneaks healthy vegetables into most meals, thanks to her recently aquired book "The Sneaky Chef." Thank you dear for all you do for our family :)
Cross Country meet 3
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment