
I got sick of the TV and locked it up. Now Sakura wants to play with her potty. So, ready or not, here goes! So far, it seems to be an excuse to be naked and make mommy read books. My hips and knees are killing me from spending so much time sitting on the bathroom floor! But Sakura is very cute. All I have to do is suggest she sit on the potty and everything comes off as she rushes to the bathroom. She has yet to actually pee in the potty - I think she doesn't understand that's what it's for. As far as she can tell, it's the "naked chair" or the "reading chair." It's going to be a slow process. I understand why people wait for their kid to be older because they'll grasp the concept more readily, or start before 1yr because they still pee all the time and you can show them what to do with it before they learn to hold it and go in their diaper. Oh well. I'm determined to stick with it this time and see it through to the end, however long it takes. Which means everything else may suffer for a while, or I'll cave - again. Wish me luck!
6 comments:
Lol. Mark is no where near it at almost 3. Today I caught him "hiding" and told him that if he would pee or poo in the potty, I would take him to the zoo. He tried but had no luck so I am off the hook til next try. We have had a couple of potty training attempts but nothing has come yet so we figure he isn't ready.
So what you're really saying is that reading in the bathroom (as opposed to just doing your business and exiting)is hereditary. Great.
keep that picture till she's 16, i have a feeling it might come in handy.
So I sat her monkey on the potty and used a squirt toy to make him "pee" in the potty to show Sakura what it's for and all Sakura could say was "Oh no, it's a mess. Clean up, George." I finally got her to clap and say "Good job, George," but she was still talking about the mess. This is gonna take a while.
Post a Comment