You already read about the peanut butter fiasco, which was followed by the yogurt upset (see pic below) the next day and then the milk mishap the day after that and now today (the 4th day in a row) we had the pizza disaster.
The yogurt upset was when Seth decided to empty his yogurt drink on the floor while I was trying to wish my parents a Happy Thanksgiving. Then he slipped in it and fell. Out came the mop, though I was not running the bath again - he got stripped down and rubbed down and was probably cold until he was put in his footie pajamas. More laundry was run. Happy got another treat.
The milk mishap was all me. I was pouring milk into a bottle for Seth, and I guess I tilted it too fast or something because the milk splashed out everywhere, filling the bottle but also gushing onto the counter, the stool, the floor, me, Seth and the dog. More clothes changing, more laundry, more mopping, more wiping (this time Happy too) and more "cleaning" for Happy.
Before I get to the pizza, let me share something from this morning first: we went shopping for some Christmas decorations and some staple foods at Wal-Mart. On the way out, there was the guy with the Salvation Army red bucket, ringing his bell. I thought how sad I was that I didn't have any small cash to give. I immediately felt impressed to take out the $20 in my wallet and give that. I tried to ignore the feeling and dismiss it as crazy, but I just couldn't shake it. I finished loading the groceries into the car, and then went back and had Sakura put the money in the bucket.
Now, the rest of the story... Today I decided I was done with making food, and ordered pizza. I was going to do it on Thanksgiving, but everything here was closed, so I ordered today what I would have ordered then. It was the Pizza Hut Big Box - two medium pizzas, wings, breadsticks and dip - it would have been a Thanksgiving feast! (Plus with leftovers, no cooking tomorrow either!) Things were going great - I ordered online, and by the time I got the kids in jackets and loaded in the car and down to Pizza Hut, our order was ready. I had barely walked in the door when they called my name. I paid, and with my purse and Seth in one arm, I grabbed the humongous box in the other arm and started out the door, herding Sakura with my elbow. Someone kindly held the door for me, and then the box was just not stable enough for one-arm holding and it opened (it was facing toward me) and emptied all down my legs and onto the ground just outside the door. Someone just coming in cleaned up the mess and threw it away, the guys in the back making the pizza assured me they were already working on new ones for me, and the elderly couple on the bench next to us, tried to help keep Sakura entertained while I waited for new pizza to be made. I was in too much shock to be embarrassed for the first 20 minutes of the wait, and then I had to hold back tears as I thought about the 4th mess of the week, knowing that Chad is only halfway through his 24-hour shift and would not be home at all tonight to help me laugh about it and take the kids while I had a little private cry. But I am grateful for everyone who helped and how kind people were and that I didn't have to pay for a second round of pizzas! And then it occurred to me, when I thought about the price of the pizza - $20. That's what I gave, and what was also given to me. I'm so glad I listened and did something a little crazy this morning so I can be especially grateful now to see the hand of God in my life.

1 comment:
Ugh! Things usually happen in 3s, not 4s- but I guess that last one was more of a blessing and testimony builder!
Post a Comment