

I realize I've been posting OFTEN but we are having an eventful period of time right now. Today my baby girl turns 3, and I wanted to post about how special she is to our family. It's been crazy with the birth of Seth and everything that goes with it and I don't want to forget my little girl's special day, even if she's too little to really understand what day it is.
Sakura is a little ball of endless energy. She is a little dare-devil and has been giving me near-heart-attacks since the day she could roll around - pushing her limits with a huge grin on her face. She is stubborn, and has been since she was in the womb - kicking me if I didn't lay down the way she wanted me too. Her current stubborness is insisting poop goes in a diaper, not a potty. She speaks her mind, and constantly at that! If you're ever on the phone with me, you will hear her chattering away in the background, unless she is asleep, not home, or her mouth is really full. And yet, she is still pretty shy. It takes her time to warm up to people - even ones she knows. She is a mama's girl and clings to me. It has been problematic at times, but also very sweet. She is a smart cookie and we love to watch her learn. I haven't been as good about teaching her this last year as I was before that, but that doesn't mean she hasn't been learning and growing in other ways. Like right now she's quickly learning how to be a sweet and caring big sister. She is such a funny little kid who loves to laugh. You can't hear her laugh without smiling, no matter how upset you are. She always wants to be goofy, standing on her head, play-fighting, or other silly games with her dad. She also likes to be chased and tickled, just to laugh like crazy. She is such a special spirit and I marvel all the time how it is that we could possibly deserve to have her in our family. I could go on, as mothers can, about the many more wonderful things about Sakura, but I'm going to end so I can spend wonderful hours with Sakura instead of hours talking about her. Happy 3rd Birthday Princess Sakura! We love you!

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Sakura!!! We love you and can't wait to see you when you come to Aunt Amy's wedding. We're going to have lots of fun together!
Love,
Uncle Kent, Aunt Carly, and your little cousin Braelynn
Post a Comment