Saturday, May 8, 2010

"Mother's Day"

It's funny to find myself in the same place I was 3 years ago at this time. With a largely swollen belly and "motherhood" imminent. Chad and I are making guesses as to when my "mother's day" will come. To give you as much info as I have, I saw the OB on wednesday. I am 2cm dilated, but the cervix tissue is still thick. I was 2cm dilated with Sakura for almost 2 weeks before we did an induction and kicked her out. My due date is May 31st. Sakura's due date was May 30th and she was induced on May 24th, when I was only just over 2cm dilated. So that's all the info I think I can give you for now, though I'll be back at the Dr's on Thursday since I'm at once a week apppointments now. When is your guess? We were all wrong with Sakura on date, weight and everything (we all guessed much sooner and much smaller). What about for our little boy? Chad's guess is the 26th - 2 days after Sakura's b-day. My guess is the 21st because I'm planning Sakura's party on the 22nd and that's how my timing usually goes. :) What's your guess? (We haven't guessed at weight or length yet, but feel free to do so yourself.)

3 comments:

Jordan said...

hm...let's see...may 23rd...7 pounds 8 ounces :)

Creed Family said...

How long will you let it go before inducing? If you let it go I'd guess June 5 - 8 lbs. 10 oz. My second guess (if I'm not allowed two guesses too bad! haha) is May 25 because that's 6 days early and that's what happened to me twice and 7 lbs 11 oz. Good luck!!! Can't wait to see pics of this little boy.

Natalie said...

Hmm... Shasta's guess is May 25th 7lb 4 ounces 19 1/4 inches--dark hair with some wave in it! That's 2 for the 25th!
Amber - I'd induce as soon as they'd let me, but I think the policy here is you can't schedule an induction until you've actually passed your due date, so June 5th is totally possible! And it wouldn't surprise me either.