It's 3am on Sunday morning and I've been up for nearly 2 hours... it's no wonder I'm always so tired! This really isn't typical of me lately, but my brain won't shut-up, so I'm hoping if I blog about it, it'll go away and I'll be able to sleep again.
People are always checking on me to make sure things are going alright - "How are you feeling?" is a phrase I hear quite often. My usual reply: Tired. I think that's probably going to be my reply for the next year! I don't remember being this tired when I was pregnant with Sakura, but then, I didn't have an energetic Sakura to look after while I was pregnant either. My husband didn't work as many hours. I lived at my parents' house at this point in my pregnancy, so I didn't have to take care of the dog, the shopping, the cooking or the cleaning. Today - I mean, Yesterday, it took me all morning to put away the laundry (I had to sort through the winter clothes and put them away to make room for the summer clothes.. I'm not THAT slow!)and all afternoon to make a fruit pizza. Poor Sakura was stuck inside on a beautiful day watching videos while mommy was too busy or too tired to play with her. And after all that, I ended up leaving the ward activity early. After all day being busy and with no husband to help, I just didn't have it in me to try and keep Sakura quiet and still for the talent show and I didn't even want to attempt keeping her out of mischief during the auction. She was over-excited by all the people and noise; and it was her bedtime; and most importantly - I was DONE. I never did bid any money on dessert for the YW. Oh well. At least I gave them one to auction off. And now I'm up in the middle of the night because I haven't finished preparing my primary lesson and I'm worried all my tossing and turning is what's waking Chad up early, which often results in waking me up early. So that's why I can't sleep. "Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun" is still stuck in my head from the talent show; I'm still frustrated at how easily I'm tired out; feeling guilty and anxious about my lesson on the Atonement to the 11 year old boys; worrying if I'm causing my husband lack of sleep; and agonizing over my growing "to do" list because I just can't keep up with it (maybe I should just toss it!) Not to mention the normal uncomfortable-ness of 3rd trimester pregnancy. And to think I'm going to have a newborn in about 7 weeks and will miss this time of peace and rest and time to do things. Haha. Oy!
Kinder promotion, Theo violin concert
3 months ago

2 comments:
let me help where I can. sorry i can't sleep for you :) but i can take sakura for a morning this week
Good luck Natalie. I feel for you. But don't feel bad for doing what you have to do... anyone with kids has been there. Wish I was closer to help out. I can't wait to see pics of this little boy!
Post a Comment