Who knew a bucket could provide so much entertainment - for the parent AND the child! I bought Sakura an Easter bucket instead of a basket because it was pink and seemed pretty durable. Typically, she starting putting things in it and carrying it around with her. What I didn't expect was her putting herself in it! It's really quite funny. :) She loves to play "stuck in the bucket" when it isn't full of plastic eggs, toys, or books. It also looks like it would make a great feed bucket for a horse. :)
The other bucket I was surprised she loved to play with is the detergent bucket. I finally got around to making homemade laundry detergent and I let Sakura be my stirrer. You'd think she won the lottery! For the next 3 days we had to have the bucket out so she could stir it whenever she felt so inclined. I can't believe how much of her time it occupied! Too bad we can't make a second batch already - 10 gallons of detergent should last me quite some time!
So, skip the expensive (and annoying) singing plush dolls and invest in a bucket! :)

3 comments:
Cute! You should post your recipe for the detergent too :)
make some for me... who knows when i'll get around to it
That's so funny! Kids are so entertained by the most simple things. I can't believe how much Sakura has grown; she's such a little lady :-)
Post a Comment