Ever since Sakura saw other kids with kites at the beach, that's what she has wanted to do. Doesn't sound so hard, right? Ha! First of all, I don't drive to the beach - she does this with her dad, and he's been really busy. Then it's got to be windy enough to fly a kite. And of course you have to have a kite that will actually fly. The ones from the dollar store just spun in circles and hit the ground. The cheap wal-mart kite worked only once. It was inflatable rather than having sticks for support, and it sprung a leak who-knows-where?, so it too was trashed. So out of 3 trips to the beach, the second trip was the only one where a kite was actually flown. But, I was only at the third attempt so the only pictures I have are of a failed attempt... but they're still really cute. :) I wonder if we'll have time to try again tomorrow - it's supposed to be REALLY windy!
Cute pictures!!! Make sure that the kite has a decent tail. If there isn't a semi-heavy tail to balance out the weight of the kite, it'll just spin in circles for a few seconds and then crash. Happy flying!
1 comment:
Cute pictures!!!
Make sure that the kite has a decent tail. If there isn't a semi-heavy tail to balance out the weight of the kite, it'll just spin in circles for a few seconds and then crash.
Happy flying!
Post a Comment