After eating out for a week and a half, I was anxious to cook my own food! And figuring I'd had more than my share of junk food, I decided it was a good time to start trying recipes from my vegetarian cookbook. So I made seitan (wheat-meat). The texture reminded me of tofu, so I decided to make it into burgers, as I was going to try tofu-burgers sometime anyway. I put in carrots and green onion and mushrooms and cilantro (I thought I'd gotten parsley) and tomatoes and bound it all together with egg and breadcrumbs, then cooked 'em up and they were a surprising success. Sakura loved them, Chad liked them and I thought they weren't too bad. It went over much better than the following night when I made roasted carrot and potato soup- you wouldn't think so, huh? Who knew?
Cross Country meet 3
2 weeks ago

2 comments:
sounds interesting. I wanna try
YUM!
Post a Comment