Saturday, February 14, 2009

Home at Last

We decided to end our trip early because Sakura has been having such a hard time sleeping in strange places. She hated how small and confining our hotel room was and while she loved the bed and breakfast, it was not very sound-proof and we felt we were disturbing the other guests. (not to mention it was a bit pricey) All in all, it was a good trip, but I am glad to be home. And so is Sakura. She went to bed on her own tonight with NO FUSSING!!! This is the FIRST time EVER! (Let's hope that holds true for the rest of the night.) I will be glad to sleep well myself tonight - no kid kicking me in the head, no staying up til 2am trying to keep her quiet, no waking up as soon as one person gets up, no tired-all-day fussing child... normalcy- I hope. Oh, but I don't want to go to church tomorrow! I need a day of rest - Sundays are not days of rest right now. More getting up early, more fussing, more missed naps... ug. Maybe we'll go to another ward at another time and pretend we're still on vacation - no one is expecting me tomorrow (Except Shalissa, who kindly dropped by with a Valentine tonight.) Does anyone else ever dread going to church sometimes?
I wish I had more pictures to post, unfortunately the camera batteries died and we left our charger at the hotel room. When we called and asked about it, it wasn't there, so whoever stayed after us must have taken it. But, the B&B we stayed at is http://oaklandcottage.com/ if you want to see pics. We stayed in the Garden Suite. It was one of the only B&B's that allowed dogs and small children - most don't allow either (esp. small kids.) And it was affordable -there were other places, but we couldn't afford them. If you haven't tried a B&B, it's a great experience.

UPDATE: Sakura slept through the night with no complaining at all! She didn't get up until I opened the door to check on her because it had been over 12 hours! She NEVER sleeps that long! We did not go to church - church was at 9am and none of us were awake yet.

4 comments:

Keeping up with the Burtons said...

That B&B looked great! I've always wanted to stay at one. It looks like you guys had a great time. I completely know what you mean about not wanting to go to church somedays...where is the day of rest? ;)

Camille Farias said...

If you have a kid and/or a calling, Sundays are definitely not days of rest!! I have no idea why they always give people callings that relate to their profession (i.e. teachers get called to teach, accountants get called to be ward clerk, etc.). I seriously feel like I have to work 6 days a week. Sometimes 7.
I also TOTALLY understand why you came home early. Kids are difficult to travel with. Whenever we go to Mexico I refuse to stay anywhere except with Luis's grandmother because she's the only one I feel comfortable keeping Andrei around for long periods of time. She has a room with a California King that we sleep on (still not great, but better than the Queens everyone else has!) plus a swimming pool!
Anyway, glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. Here's hoping Sakura continues sleeping well in her own room.
:)

Lanae said...

I'm glad she's sleeping better! She's getting so big; I hope we can see her in person one day soon. Sounds like you guys had a fun time and what a fun get-away.
Love you guys,
Lanae

Adrienne said...

yea your back! CONGRATS SAKURA! I really hope this is a start of something new for you. And Sundays with kids aren't always the most pleasant though.