Thursday, February 5, 2009

Medieval Times

I went to Medieval Times with my high school choir and it was tons of fun. Since I found out there was one in Myrtle Beach, I've been plotting to get us there. We finally went last night. It was great! For those who haven't been, it's dinner theatre with sword fights, horse shows and jousting while you dig into your roasted chicken with your hands. We were for the black and white knight, which I'm pretty sure is the same knight I was for the last time. Anyways, Chad was knighted, Sakura got a fake flower from a "vendor" and a real flower from our knight, and I got the knight's standard (given to one lady for each knight in the crowd as his token that he will joust for her). Sakura loved the "cows" (horses) and the fighting and cheered loudly. Here are some pics -some we took and some they took.

Our knight - Chad says he looks feminine. (I think he was just jealous.)

The king and his court.

The fight and eventual capture of the prince.

From the torture museum - the interrogation chair.

All of us at dinner.
Knighting Ceremony - Sir William Chadwick Burton (I always thought that sounded knight-ish)

Lady Natalie (Queen of Love and Beauty, according to our knight's standard, thank you.)

Princess Sakura

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

i want to go. and the guy does look a little girlie

Keeping up with the Burtons said...

How fun! It looks like it was a special "knight" for all of you.