Sakura has made some amazing leaps in her control of a pencil. We've been working with her on how to hold a pencil correctly, since Adrienne warned me it was a criteria they looked for in kids entering preschool. I guess it's finally paid off! She no longer just scribbles all over, but makes controlled, deliberate motions. In the first picture, you can see her attempts at drawing people - two big eyes and a mouth. Sometimes she adds circle hands and feet.
In the second picture you can see her tracing her letters. We got her these books at the dollar store with the intent that they would eventually be used for her to practice her letters, but she surprised us by one day deciding to do it herself, with no hints from Mom and Dad that that's what the books were even for.
I don't have a picture of her coloring just yet, but she is doing a remarkably good job staying in the lines. It's like all of a sudden she went from scribbling to coloring and drawing without anyone even knowing. What a big girl my little 4 year old is.
Now I know this may not be some remarkably advanced moves for a child, but she is the oldest and I really have no idea what I'm doing - what she's supposed to learn when or how to even teach her some of these things, so I guess bragging on her is really congratulating myself that I'm doing an ok job and she's going to be just fine. But I really am so proud of my little princess.
(oh yeah - we finally got a new camera, so pics will once again start to flourish on our blog! Yay!)
1 comment:
Yay Sakura! She's doing great! (and so are you) And yay for a new camera! :)
Post a Comment