Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dream Date

My husband is simply awesome! Before I was married, I dreamed up the "perfect" date, and tonight, Chad took me on it! So... my dream date was that one day while I was at work, a package would arrive for me, and in it would be red roses and a red dress. My boss would instruct me to change and go outside where my guy would be waiting for me with a red convertible and the rest of the day off. We'd go on a nice drive which would eventually lead us to the beach where we'd enjoy the afternoon and then have a picnic dinner before the sun went down.
Today Chad came home for lunch, and brought me some beautiful red-tipped roses. When he got home from work, he played with the kids and then handed me a box before leaving to get the babysitter. In the box was my red dress. When Chad finally got back, he took me outside where he had a red mustang convertible waiting for us - he borrowed it from some friends in the ward. We drove down Airlie road and stopped at a restaurant to eat dinner over-looking the river. Then we went to the beach and read short stories from my Kindle until it started getting dark. Then we headed for some great ice-cream at Boombalatti's before reluctantly returning the car and getting back home.
Why today? Well, for one, we don't have much more time before we're waaaaay too far from the beach to pull this off. And second - Tuesday is our day because we were married on a Tuesday. So even though Chad has a huge presentation tomorrow, tonight he made the time to do something special for me. I am the luckiest girl in the world!

4 comments:

Cattaya said...

awwwwwww! I want pictures of the dress!! that is so sweet!

Adrienne said...

that is AWESOME. go chad

Creed Family said...

I love this. So so sweet.

Jess said...

AWESOME!!!! Chad your da man dude!!!! I love the pictures too!!! Your leavin on a jet plane soon....ahhhhh, exciting, sad, fun, new :)