So now that I can move my arms again, back to our Utah trip. It started off with security. Apparently, earlier that mornin

g, a crazed guy came in wearing only a bedsheet and ran through security and broke the walk-thru scanner. So everyone had to be wanded. Easy to get a 3 year old to hold still for that. Or to be wanded while holding a baby because Chad had to undergo special testing since we had liquids (formula - thank you similac recall). We finally get to the gate, load up on the plane and are then told after several minutes to get off again - the plane is having a mechanical problem. Our 8am flight to Atlanta left after the 11am flight. Over 4 hours of waiting in the airport. Why? Because the mechanic in Wilmington wasn't available for some reason. I made up the story that he was the crazy guy who broke the scanner. Anyway - we had to wait for a mechanic to fly in before the plane could be fixed. Yay. So we make it to Atlanta and have to run to catch our now rebooked connection to SLC. We made it just as they were boarding. Taking the train was a little crazy.

Keeping Sakura on at the other stops and keeping from anyone falling over... yeah, I am not a fan of Atlanta. Oh the plane also had a mechanical problem, (the door wouldn't seal) but there was a mechanic immediately available. Finally we make it to SLC, pick up our car and get on our way. Only the freeways have changed and we get lost and it takes us some time before we get to Lenae's. Not too much longer, but still - after all the delays and we already went through, anything seemed forever.
Then we were there and things were good! We saw lots of family (too bad I forgot to get out my camera) and Chad's interview went great! They still have another candidate for the job to interview, but I think they'll offer the spot to Chad. We went driving around with a realtor who may be able to get Jay an internship, and who helped us see how much house we really can reasonably afford (waaaay more than I thought). Took the kids to the dino museum at Thanksgiving Point (Jay, you've gotta check it out if you haven't - it's the largest in the WORLD) and the petting farm as well. Dad B and Lynn took care of the kids pretty much all day, though I was there for some of the fun stuff. :) It was a long exhausting day, but good. Sorry there wasn't time to see any of our friends. :(

The next morning we woke up late, and had to speed... er, rush... our way to the airport and made it with 10 min to spare. Ug. Then the long flight to Atlanta (yech) was as uneventful as it can be with 2 kids. We finally didn't have to rush to catch our next flight and the kids slept the whole way back. Finally a non-eventful flight!
Home, exhausted, feeling like I did after a strenuous FTX with ROTC with shaking, sore muscles and non-clear thinking. But, like I said, other than the travel, it was a good trip. Now someone just needs to invent instantaneous travel, and I'll be set! Oh yeah - I'll put up pics as soon as I put new batteries in my camera. I got a few things in before it died. (most of the pictures are fuzzy. :P )
No comments:
Post a Comment