While both are town in the same state, I'm talking about taking Delta Airlines to Provo, Utah. How was our trip? Like I've said to others who have asked - the Utah part was good, the Delta part, not so much. In fact, I'm going to type this later because I am so physically exhausted still, that I'm tiring myself just from typing. That is soooo sad....
2 comments:
Hope your trip to Provo was good. Delta is the worst airline ever. Provo is the best city ever. Here's my shameless plug.
Seriously. Provo is the best place to raise a family... ever. There are a million cheap or free activities for families, lots of cultural stuff, tons of outdoor activities. There are at least 5 dual immersion elementary schools teaching everything from Spanish (2) to French (1) to Chinese (2) so your kids could be fluent in a second language by the time they graduate 6th grade. There are also magnet programs for G/T at the Elementary and Middle School levels, and a program called the International Baccalaureate at the HS level where kids can graduate with an Associates Degree.
There is little to no crime, cheap housing and transportation (they're even putting in a train to SLC so you don't have to drive up to Temple Square anymore!), and there are nearly as many parks as there are LDS chapels. There are amazing festivals, carnivals, parades, Farmer's Markets, etc. for every season of the year.
Pretty much the only downside is that there are so many LDS people here that some folks feel a lot of pressure to be perfect "Molly Mormons" all the time. I don't suffer from that ailment and I don't understand it, but I hear that from some people who live here.
The best part about living here is that you already have friends who know everybody and know everything about the city (Seriously. We have connections with everyone) who would be super excited to help you get settled in.
Post a Comment