Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sibling Non-Rivalry




So Seth has been more fussy the last few days and today I was worn out from it, so I laid him in his crib and walked away. After crying for a bit, Sakura said "I'm coming, Seth. Don't worry. I'm coming." Then she went in his room, climbed in his crib and said "Oh Seth! It's ok." and actually got him to stop crying for a few minutes (probably stuck a paci in his mouth, I don't know - I wasn't in there, just listening from the other room.) She even asked us for his "Special milk." :)


Then tonight she told us "Seth is missing" from our family picture and we "need to get a new one." I'm so glad she loves her little brother and is watching out for him. Whenever I have had to put him down to help her with something and he starts to cry, Sakura will say "It's ok Seth. Just a minute." Two kids is HARD for me, but I love these little moments.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

so sweet

Jess said...

So cute! I love hearing stories like that, I am glad that Sakura loves her brother so much. I love your hair too! So brave! Keep us posted on the interviews...where are some of your locals?