I don't post on here very often, mostly because Natalie is the main author and contributor of this blog. She usually covers what's going on in our lives, so I'd only be duplicating content if I posted as often as she does. Natalie did something pretty brave by publically talking about the struggles of PPD. One reason I think she was able to overcome the fear of talking about such a sensitive topic is because she knows that being open and honest about this may help others who also struggle with depression. Maybe it's therapeutic for her too.
Many people probably don't know of the extent of the hardships that we've been through over the last 7.5 years of marriage. We've had 13 different addresses, we've been in school, or post graduate training our entire marriage. We've been poor most this time, even going on food stamps and Medicaid at one point. It was actually during this time when Sakura was a baby that we wanted to seek treatment, but did not have sufficient funds to do so. Natalie didn't want to be on medication anyway because she knew the importance of breastfeeding. Things are different this go around. Natalie is not breastfeeding, which is good for a couple reasons... 1) she can be on the needed medication, and 2) others can help bottle feed Seth. We also have insurance that provides psychiatric care. We are also becoming more open about the thoughts we have, even if it's difficult to share.
Natalie is a wonderful wife and mother. She's the glue that keeps this little family together. I wouldn't have the will, the motivation, or the capacity to do any of the things I've done career-wise without the special support of my Natalie. She's been in the pit with me all the way through this medical training. I can truely say I couldn't have made it without her. She always made me want to be better. Her smile lights up a room, and I fall in love with her all over again everytime she sends a smile my way. She's given me two beautiful children who make our world complete. I've always said that I wanted a little Natalie, and Sakura is just that. Hopefully Seth is the little blond headed, blue eyed boy Natalie always wanted. One of the last times I talked to my Grandpa Burton, just around the time when Grandma died, the last thing he told me on the phone was to hold Natalie, and cherish her. It made me wonder what I would do without her, and how I'd feel not having her next to me. Then add 50+ years of marriage on to that, and it's difficult to imagine how that would feel. Every day is a gift, and I'm grateful for each day Heavenly Father has given me with Natalie.
Kinder promotion, Theo violin concert
3 months ago

4 comments:
Wonderful tribute!
That was so sweet. Thanks for sharing. We love you guys!!
Yup, I agree you're a lucky guy :) Thanks for taking such good care of my friend.
how sweet. ha my mom beat me to comment (she likes to check up on you too)
Post a Comment