Sunday, January 31, 2010

Short

Sometimes people (like my husband, for example) forget that I am short. I look fairly average until you stand next to me. Even I forget how short I am sometimes. I have to stand on my tip toes to reach anything on the the highest shelf of our kitchen cupboards. Chad bought me a folding step ladder as a gift one year because I'd been asking for one for so long. (before I would just drag a chair wherever I needed) You may notice that the artwork in my home is hung strangely - either too low or too high because I was hanging it at my height or trying to guess the right height for a more average person. Recent events have reminded me just how short I am. For example, now that my belly is starting to stick out, I'm having trouble reaching the third shelf at all. It won't be long before I'll need to stand on my toes to reach the second shelf. And then of course this picture. The string on Sakura's balloon broke. I couldn't reach it myself without several tries at jumping and I just didn't feel like doing it. So I thought I'd be smart and put Sakura on my shoulders so she could reach up and get it herself. Here I am, on my tip toes with Sakura hanging on to my face as she stretches herself up for the balloon.... and we are still too short. Chad had a great time laughing and getting pictures before coming and lending a hand.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

hee hee. i don't really think of you as short but that is funny

Keeping up with the Burtons said...

Being short with a prego belly is no fun! The worst is trying to reach into the washing machine for the last bit of laundry. Dang socks.

amanda said...

Oh, as someone shorter than even you, I understand. I got a step stool a long time ago, although last year it was used in the classroom so the kids could reach the water fountain. I am glad to have it back in my kitchen! And I TOTALLY get the thing about the pictures. I always wonder if mine are hung "correctly" by normal people's standards.