
I put up our tree on Monday (before Thanksgiving!) because I knew it would take me forever to actually finish decorating it. After a week, it still stands completely bare because I have not yet made it to the hardware store so I can fix its obvious lean. But, I hung snowflakes from the ceiling a day or two before Thanksgiving to console myself, and the day after thanksgiving I did
not go shopping. I took out the (let's see, how many do I have here?) 14 nativities I have out here in N.C. and put them up, along with the mini-tree and the victorian Christmas house for the village we want to have eventually. The blankets are out, the candles, the wreath on the front door, the stockings, the toys and books and movies... all that is left is the tree. I've even decorated our blog. :) Maybe I'll make it to the store tomorrow and can finish our tree! Our home is turning into a Christmas wonderland, and I love it! I'm sure others think it's overkill, but not to me. I'm just sad we don't have an outlet out on the porch, so I don't know how I'll put any lights up outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment