Monday, December 7, 2009

Flying?

I think it's safe to tell everyone since he's had plenty of time to call the whole family by now..... my little brother is getting married!!!!! He proposed this weekend to his girlfriend of 11 months. She and Jay were already splitting Christmas between her family and ours, so we were pretty sure this was coming sometime soon. :) So now I get to meet my future sister-in-law next week instead of just my brother's girlfriend! Yay!
So why did I title my post "Flying?" if this is about a wedding/engagement? Because they're planning their wedding for the end of April... I will be almost 8 months pregnant. Even the healthiest of pregnant women aren't allowed to fly after 8 months, so it's gonna be pushing it. And I don't know if Chad will have off... and I really don't want to fly 8 months pregnant and with a 3 year old all on my own! But, if I can't make it, it's not the end of the world... after all, it is their day, not mine. I'm just glad it's going to be a temple wedding. (and glad I won't have to wear a bridesmaid's dress!) (Oh, I hope Jay and Julie don't mind me posting this picture I stole from Facebook on my blog... and supposedly they will be starting a blog of their own soon.)

4 comments:

Lanae said...

Congrats to your brother and his soon to be wife! I really wouldn't fly if I were you; I can't remember if Sakura was early or not, but all my moms babies were early and all my kids were just over 2 weeks, 5 weeks, and 2 weeks early... so I really would take it easy and no airplanes that late in the game. Hope you're feeling well and we love you guys!

Melissa Richards said...

Congrats to them! Dave's bro got married when I was a month from my due date with Lily. I didn't go but then, I didn't have Lily until her due date anyways. AND we had to induce. So my advice would be to discuss it with your excellent Doctor husband and decide closer to time.

Natalie said...

I flew when I was 7.5 months pregnant with Sakura - sometime in early to mid april, I think. I was going to fly later, but my sister was really freaking out and I was staying at her house, so I upped my flight by 2 weeks to soothe her troubled mind. I think I would have been fine - Sakura was induced, and if she hadn't been, I don't think she would have EVER come out! :)

Creed Family said...

I'm flying tomorrow (29 weeks pregnant) and not worried about it. That close I'd agree with the rest and consult your Dr. :) And congrats to Jay! I can't believe he's so grown up to get married :) Ah, memories.