Ok, so I know this is really early to even be mentioning Christmas, but I just got a CD I've been wanting for years. Chad ordered it out of the blue for some reason, and despite the fact that Halloween hadn't even passed, I had to start listening to it. (Hey! The mall had Christmas decorations up during their trick-or-treat, so I'm not alone) But it made me think: it never feels quite like Christmas til I hear those songs. It can be cold, the tree can be up and cookies baked, presents wrapped, but without this music, it doesn't really feel complete. For me, it's
"The Roger Whittaker Christmas Album" that just brings Christmas alive. We listened to it on an old record when I was a kid and I have always had to go to my parents' to hear it. Now I finally have it myself and it's like having a piece of home all the way out here in North Carolina. So I'm curious - what makes it Christmas for you? What's that one thing that Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without?
2 comments:
snow. oh well I'll get used to it. i think we'll go to the beach that day :)
Music for me too. The stuff my Mom plays. I bought my own like you :) Ooh and the smell - like a nice candle.
Post a Comment