It's been a really stressful month and I figured things would get better when the stress did. When I woke up puking Monday morning I realized that the stress is never going to go away completely and decided it was time to get medical help before things got worse. I didn't know that if you had PPD with a previous pregnancy, that it's likely you'll get depressed during your next pregnancy. It hasn't been really bad or anything, but I noticed I don't really want to play with Sakura and that I'm not really excited about having this baby anymore. Chad said I've been pretty down lately and was worried about me. So I saw an OB yesterday and, no surprise, he started me on Zoloft. I took my first dose last night before bed, and I woke up at 3 am and have been puking up bile ever since. Apparently, one of the side effects is nausea, which is great to go with my morning sickness which came back this week with a vengeance. Perhaps it was a fluke - I did take a dramamine as well and it could be the culprit. (it's different formula from the ones I've been taking) Tonight I'll take the zoloft again but no dramamine and see what happens, butI'm afraid it may be back to the drawing board.
Oh yeah - and I just have to complain about the drug labeling - so I'm nervous about taking anything already, and they have to put big red stickers on the bottle "WARNING: do not take if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. May cause serious side effects to baby." I ripped them off. I could not make myself take one every day if I had to read that every day. I even threw out the info sheet because I knew it would be full of more of the same. Besides, I can always look it up on the web.
Cross Country meet 3
2 weeks ago

1 comment:
so sorry you haven't been doing well. tell me how I can help. you know I'm always here to vent to
Post a Comment