After the last two days, I feel it my responsibility to warn everyone that I'm going to be crazy for an indeterminate amount of time. I saw a fertility specialist this past week and am now on drugs in an attempt to expand our little family. We've been trying for a year (though that may be a surprise to most of you - it's not something I've shared much, as I don't think it's really anyone else's business. If I didn't feel the need to warn everyone I'm going to be crazy, I still wouldn't be telling you.) I'm currently on progesterone because I've only had 2 real periods in the last year (that's how we know I'm the one who needed to see a fertility doctor) but after that I'll be on clomid for one last final shot at that drug (I've already been on it 2 months with no ovulation at all) before going to something stronger. I've taken 3 of my 5 progesterone pills and they have made me decidedly crazy. For example, yesterday: I hadn't been able to sleep the night before so only had 4 hours of sleep, but was not sleepy at all - hard to concentrate or put things together, but not sleepy. Instead, I went on an emotional roller coaster. I was hyper upon waking up, feeling for the first time the desire to drive the car recklessly fast and weave in and out of traffic. I had to really repress the urge so as not to get us killed. Then I was really weepy and it was all I could do to keep myself from crying hysterically about everything (like Chad telling me one of his patients died.) Seriously - I had to really focus on not hyperventilating and throwing up, much less the water-works! For a while I was really angry about everything and took my frustrations out on finishing assembling the new desk we bought (and on Chad for helping me - sorry!) Then back to hysterical (it's a good thing we skipped out on the Arne's party last night.) Then I was curiously detached, feeling nothing at all. Chad could have told me my mom died and I would have thought "That's too bad." Then I was giddy and silly and hopping all over the place whistling or singing, skipping or just generally bouncing around. Finally around 11, I was starting to get tired and when I fell asleep, I was dead to the world - Sakura was up banging on the door (so says Chad) but I was out of it. All of that in 24 hours! I should be at church right now, but a) I didn't wake up in time and b) have been feeling sick to my stomach since I woke up. I don't think most people react so strongly to progesterone, so I can't even tell you what the clomid or other drugs I might have to take will do. So this is my apology in advance - I'm so sorry! Consider yourself warned.
5 comments:
Hope you feel better soon! You're in our prayers - Kent & Carly
PS: Sakura in the finding nemo video is sooo cute!
Oh girl. You are NOT alone in this. I did 6 rounds of Clomid at 150 and I literally have never felt worse in my life. The crazies killed me. And the hot flashes! What's up with that? And the constant dry mouth... and headaches. This year I'm going natural. I'm doing acupuncture, herbs, diet and lifestyle modifications. If it doesn't work next year We'll probably go to injections, but I figured the natural route is worth a shot. It's better than Clomid, but then again, what isn't?
Hang in there. If you ever want to talk about it, you know where to find me.
-Camille
P.S. I once tried to jump out of a moving vehicle while on Provera- I know how bad it can get.
Hey Natalie,
I'm so sorry to hear about the roller-coaster rides. I didn't know you guys had been trying and we'll keep you in our prayers; hope you can expand that cute family very soon. We love you guys!
Lanae
Man, I'm sorry the meds effect you that way. I hope they work for you :)
Are you sure you're not pregnant? ;) I have a friend on the same medications (or at least very similar)...you're not riding the roller coaster alone! We love you guys!
Post a Comment