Chad's cousin just lost her little boy (Sakura's age) this week. My heart aches for them. I can't imagine what my life would be like without my little Sakura. She is a little light in this world, and it would be all the darker without her in it. She frustrates me to no end, but she is causing me to grow in so many ways. She can also be so completely delightful, the way she runs up to you with a big grin and jumps into your arms. I love hearing her peals of laughter when she is playing with her dog. It amazes me to see her learn and discover things I think of as ordinary. I know it is part of our faith that little children who are called home are saved in the arms of His love, but it does not make us miss them any less. We may see them again, but miss them in the mean time. We miss our loved ones when they live across the country - we can't help but miss those who live across the veil. Chad and I have been very fortunate in our lives: we have not experienced the loss of someone very close - neither of us. My grandfather passed away a few years ago this fall. We didn't live nearby and visited seldom. And still I miss him sometimes. What must it be like to lose someone who is a big part of your world? Our hearts and prayers are with Tiffany and her family. We love you.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry you and Chad's family are dealing with that loss. That has always been one of my biggest fears. I hope that peace comes soon.
Post a Comment