I'll get around to putting up pictures one of these days (slow connection) but for now I thought I'd let everyone know how our families in Houston are doing after Hurricane Ike.
My folks went to San Antonio the friday before the storm hit, so they and the weenies are doing well. The Vidinha place is fine - there is a tree down in the back yard, but it hit another tree instead of any property. They had no electricity until last night and so all the food in the fridge and freezer had to be tossed. I haven't heard if the garage flooded, but it usually does. Dad's school is canceled through friday.
Andy's house still doesn't have electricity (as far as I know) but since his main a/c is broken anyway and he's not much for cooking, so it probably doesn't make too much of a difference. He went to my folks' for the storm and he and the dogs are alright (though I'm sure they are hot, being long of coat and all).
Mom and Dad Burton are both fine - Dad rode out the storm at the house and I think Mom went to her parent's house further north in Conroe. The Burton house flooded, I'm sorry to say, and still has no electricity, but Dad is ok. The carpet is going to have to be ripped out, but it looks like the drywall is alright. Communication is tough since there is no power.
Don't know about extended family with the Attayas, but no news is good news. I'm sure Grandmother and Granddaddy are very glad they decided to finally make the move northward.
The situation in Houston and Galveston are a lot worse than I think anyone thought they would be. We are fortunate that everyone is ok and damage is minimal. We are blessed by God and grateful to him for watching over us all. I pray He is with those who have not been so lucky.
I hope this gets the word out to anyone else who is trying to contact our family in Houston and may be having trouble. Hope all is well with all of you. I'll update this later if I ever hear anything more.
Cross Country meet 3
2 weeks ago

1 comment:
glad everyone is okay
Post a Comment