I made an early morning visit to the ER today. I woke up, as I do most nights, to Sakura crying. I soothed her back to sleep and rolled back over to go to sleep myself when suddenly I had horrible chest pain and difficulty breathing. I gave it 20 minutes to see if it would get any better, figuring I just lay down funny. Then I texted Chad, who just happened to be having a slow moment. He was concerned I might have thrown a blood clot into my lung and rushed home to run me back to the hospital with him. It's nice being treated at the hospital where your husband works! I feel bad if I made someone else's visit worse for my being there though. Anyway... as we got to the hospital my chest pain stopped. They still saw me and ran a million tests to make sure nothing was wrong. As usual, all tests came back as fine and they sent me home with a prescription for nexium, saying it was likely one of two things: gastrointestinal or anxiety.
I think the more likely answer is anxiety (although with how much noproxen I've taken this year, gastro is not an unlikely answer either). With all that has happened this year, it's amazing I haven't had a nervous breakdown already. I think the death of little Jackson has hit me harder than I realized. He and Sakura were born just 4 days apart. Maybe I had been dreaming and after waking the attack happened. I guess panick attacks can happen to people who don't even think they're under any stress. I certainly know I am! I'm sorry to have scared my husband and little girl, but I'm glad everything is ok. It's kinda frustrating that I don't know for sure what happened, but as long as everything is alright, it doesn't really matter. Oh but I feel like someone beat my chest with a baseball bat while I slept though! Ug. Guess that pain med they gave me was working before and has definitely worn off now!
Cross Country meet 3
2 weeks ago

1 comment:
Hey Natalie,
I know what you mean; I think losing Jack has hit all of us harder than we thought. can't sleep, can't stop crying, just want to take tiff's and coby's pain away. it's almost unbearable. I'm just grateful we have such an awesome family. we can all be there for each other.
love you guys tons,
lanae
Post a Comment