Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sweetest Words

I was trying to explain to Sakura today about the hematoma and why I have to "take it easy."

M: I have a cut inside my tummy next to the baby.
S: Oh no! Will it hurt the baby?
M: It could. That's why I can't play or carry Seth and have to rest a lot.
S: Will it make the baby fall apart?
M: Uh.. yes.
S: What happens if the baby falls apart?
M: Then it would die, sweetie.
S: It would fall apart, then die and then go live with Heavenly Father and he would make it alive again!
M: That's right sweetie.
S: But we don't want the baby to die. I want a little sister. (then she rambled about Seth not being nice to the baby and getting punished for a little bit)
M: So that's why Mommy can't play so much right now. I'm protecting the baby.
S: Yeah, you're protecting the baby because you're a good mommy. You're my mommy and Sethling's mommy and you always will be.

I sure love my sweet Sakura!