Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Kitchen

Another room that will one day be finished, is the kitchen. We just got a new fridge today and Chad let me pick out a super-nice one. :) Our old fridge was missing the ice-maker, didn't dispense water, had broken drawers and at one point its innards smelled like poo. New fridge - sooooooooooooooooo much better! And I think I finally know what color I want to paint the walls. The dilemma has been that my accessories are red and blue. I'd love a white kitchen, but painting over the beautiful wood cabinetry just seems criminal to me, but I have always wanted a cute, white, country kitchen. The cabinets are dark, the counters are dark and the appliances are black. I don't want to paint the walls white, because then you don't notice the beautiful white trim around the doors and windows. A dark color is out of the question and leaving the bright green is not an option. Does not go with my stuff and it is NOT my kind of color. So, my brilliant solution is to paint the walls a very pale aqua. I've been playing with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer and I think this is gonna work. What do you think? (Just cover up the green wall with your left hand and it looks tons better!) Or, do you have any other suggestions? I am open to ideas.

1 comment:

Camille Farias said...

I love the color! It's so bright and fresh, and definitely goes with the cabinetry and counter tops. Let me know if you need a hand with the painting.