

It used to make me feel guilty or like I was doing something completely wrong. I know some people with kids who aren't allowed to have sugar, and they just love vegetables. I know a kid who loves broccoli. I stopped feeling bad about it abut a month ago (yeah, that's a long time to feel guilt - I'm an expert) when Seth had his 6 mo check up. The poor kid had lost a curve on his weight and I was wondering what I wasn't doing right with feeding him. I was feeding him veggies so he'd not get a sweet tooth, but he only ate about 1 jar a day at most. I ran out of veggies one day and turned to what I had on hand - fruit - and he ate the whole jar in one sitting! He did it again the next time I fed him. Poor kid just didn't like what I was feeding him! He's slowed down some now, but now I pay attention to what he eats more of and what he eats less of. It's not my fault what he likes - he just likes what he likes. Like my nephew loves everything plain - plain vanilla ice cream, just cheese quesedillas, etc.
Now that I'm not preoccupied with what I "should" do to feed my kids, it's funny seeing the difference in their tastes. Sakura preferred pureed pears to apples - Seth is the opposite. Sakura would only eat sweet potatoes and fruit baby food -Seth likes peas over sweet potatoes, but they both hate green beans.
Sakura is my sugar/chocolate/carbs/fruit girl. The only way she'll eat a vegetable is if it's taste is smothered with something she likes. While she knows the names of all the veggies, she has not met one that she has liked for longer than a few days. Her dad is like this in a lot of ways - loves juice and sugar cereal, so now I wonder what Seth will be. Me? I'm pretty easy going. I'm not into spicy and I don't like tons of meat, but otherwise I'm not too picky. Maybe Seth will be more like me and start liking veggies. I'm on a carrot and celery kick right now - wonder if Seth would like carrots where he doesn't like sweet potatoes...
No comments:
Post a Comment