Sunday, January 23, 2011

House Update. :)

Funny enough, two people have asked me this weekend if we've found a house yet. No, we have not; though that's not all bad. Two of the houses on my list are now under contract, as well as that last huge house I put up here. We've determined that the castle house I fell in love with is too small for our current needs (how crazy is that?) 
But I thought I'd share the most expensive house on my list (my list is constantly evolving, btw). So what I want to know is what's wrong with it? Why is it so cheap?
And the biggest (acreage) house on my list is this one, but I think the pictures on zillow are more flattering. And again, it begs the question - what's wrong with this place?
What do you think?

7 comments:

Camille Farias said...

Nothing wrong with either place- just keep an eye on the price per square foot. At nearly $95 sq foot, the second place is a little over-priced for the neighborhood. Honestly, I would check Springville and Spanish Fork. There are some GORGEOUS big homes near the canyons in both cities for much less. Check out these:
www.utahrealestate.com/1004946
www.utahrealestate.com/1004842
www.utahrealestate.com/1001826
www.utahrealestate.com/990830
www.utahrealestate.com/938817
Good luck! As far as our househunt goes, we're actually looking in to just building a house we actually like. If that's something you're at all interested in, there are some great builders around here that can just build you a custom home for near the same price as what you would pay for an existing home. If you ever get to that point, let me know and I can pass along some info.

Natalie said...

We've looked into having a house built, but because we'd want a second story and custom work, it comes up to being more money for less house overall. And we'd only get a small lot too. Can't wait to see how your house turns out! Exciting!
And thanks again for the links - not sure we want to go as far south as Spanish Fork, since Chad will also being working at American Fork Hosp. And we decided not to look at short sales either - we just don't have the time to wait. :( Too bad - there are TONS!
Oh, and I forgot to mention too that we're limited by how much we can put down on a house - it would be good if we could wait a while after Chad starts making some real money, but... oh well. We'll figure it out. :)

Natalie said...

oh, actually, if Saratoga Springs wasn't so far away, we'd LOVE to live there - and man can you get a brand new TON of house for nothing out there!

Camille Farias said...

Trust me. I get it. Really. And I feel the same way about Saratoga Springs. As far as short sales go, they're really not so bad if it they say price approved. That means the initial stuff with the bank has already been taken care of and they can usually close about as fast a conventional sale. Something that might be useful to know in the future, right!? Good luck!

Camille Farias said...

Check out this one in Am. Fork. www.utahrealestate.com/992899

Lanae said...

6 bedrooms, 6,000 sq. feet - that's a lot of room to move around! I really like it. Good luck to you guys and the house hunting.

Camille Farias said...

Here's a pretty recent listing right in the heart of Provo that might work for you. It's probably at the top of your price range, but it's still under $100/sq. foot and it has a legal accessory apartment.
www.utahrealestate.com/1001707