Well, I finally did it. I locked my keys in the car. With the diaper bag. And my wallet and cell phone (they were all in the diaper bag). Fortunately, I had my kids and we were at a friend's house and not at the store or something. But, it's the first time I've ever done it (I think... at least since we've had kids, though, I'm sure). As I was telling my mom, nothing is ever uneventful - if there isn't something going on, I'll end up making drama happen. Not that I locked my keys in on purpose, but that drama will come as a result of my actions if nothing else. So, we stayed and played for a little bit. I called Chad and let him know, and fortunately he had a light day and was able to come home around 1ish. Seth started getting hungry and with no formula, we needed to act. Adrienne took us home in her car, which had a car seat available for Sakura because Ryan was at preschool and Seth is still in the carrier one, so no problems there. Fortunately I left the apartment unlocked - only because maintenance was supposed to come by sometime to change the air filter and I wanted them to be able to get in if we were gone when they came. Another adventure, this time shared with friends. :)
2 comments:
it really wasn't bad at all. it could have been a lot worse. it was funny though
It was pretty funny, but only because it wasn't so bad. I'm just glad I didn't lock any kids in the car with the keys! That would not have been fun.
Post a Comment