Chad, I think, was appalled that my post yesterday was about pumpkins. Well I'm sorry, but I've been trying to get those pictures up and I just had to do it before things got crazy. Most of you know by now, thanks to Facebook, that we are expecting kid #2!!! Yesterday was the first ultrasound and the day I made Chad promise he'd wait for before running down the streets announcing it to everyone. As soon as we got home - literally, when we pulled into the parking lot, Chad spotted a neighbor and bounded over to show her our new "pictures." I was still getting Sakura out of the car. Then as soon as we walked in the door, he dashed to the computer and updated his status on FB. I think he might be a little excited about that whole thing. :) I wonder why? Let me just tell the whole story so you all know. Let’s go way back to before Sakura… We were really trying for kids when I found out I couldn’t get pregnant (no periods = no babies) so I went to a doc and started provera in hopes of jump-starting my system. Nope. At the time Chad was still in med school and we were broke. Chad was doing his OBGYN rotation in Mexico and brought some clomid home for me. I didn’t even ovulate on it the first 2 months. After month 4, I decided it wasn’t going to take and stopped taking the clomid. I didn’t think anything of it when I didn’t start my period, as I hadn’t had one without the aid of drugs in over a year, and I wasn’t taking any. I found out I was pregnant because I had a colposcopy done (in Mexico) and the doc wanted to do a conization to look at some abnormal cells around my cervix, but I had to take a pregnancy test first. Surprise! So that’s baby #1. It took from April to October sans drugs and October to August/September on various drugs, so about a year and a half. Skip ahead to this last summer. Somewhere late August, Chad and I decided we’d better start trying if we wanted another kid, assuming it would take as long as it did with Sakura. (Plus, Chad was far enough into the year, I knew I wouldn’t have a newborn while Chad was still an intern.) Started clomid in November with no ovulating again. After 6 months off and on clomid, I was sent to a fertility specialist who decided to give me the max dosage of clomid along with prometrium as a last ditch attempt before moving on to more dangerous drugs. It worked - I ovulated! So we continued. But the clomid at this dosage was really wreaking havoc with me - I have never been so depressed in my life! (And I did the post-partum depression thing sans drugs, so I have something to compare it to). After only two months, I decided it had been a year of trying; it was time to stop trying and be happy where I am (not possible while on clomid). But I still had to take a pregnancy test and report in to the doc. Surprise again! And the funniest thing - my due date with Sakura was May 30th. My due date this time is May 31st! So... now you know.

6 comments:
craziness. I'm still beaming though. so excited for you
Thanks for sharing. Yea, you've really been through the ringer getting these two littles here. I love that their due dates are so similar. We definitely have an early spring thing going in our family...Andrew and Katie both in March, Luke in January and this new one in February. Not as close as yours though! Too fun.
So happy for you! Congratulations! Do you want a new diaper bag? I'd be happy to make one for you. Just let me know.
Hey guys!! I wanted to post a comment but we've been gone, but congrats once again. We are just THRILLED for you guys. Can't wait to find out what you're having! Maybe we'll get a little boy cousin so we can have some more boys to play with around here :-)
Love you guys and good luck these next several months.
Lanae
Camille, that would be wonderful! My old diaper bag is a little worse for the wear (aka, ripping apart). Thank you!
Natalie,
Any colors, themes, etc. that you would like me to work with? I have some really fun/funky asian inspired stuff that might be cute. It's mostly red, pink, and green, but if you want me to coordinate with a nursery theme or anything like that I'd be happy to accommodate.
Post a Comment