Monday, August 10, 2009

Super Mom!

Mondays are usually my best days, and today has been particularly successful so far. It's only 3:30pm and I've made a loaf of homemade whole-wheat bread, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, washed, dried, folded and put away 3 loads of laundry, read 30 pages of a book, read my scriptures, made potato salad, took out the trash and even got in a mini nap. Of course, Sakura has been asleep going on 3 hours and I forgot to take a shower, but if we're going to the beach tonight I'll only get sandy and salty and need another one anyway, right? And of course there's still dinner to make, which would require a trip to the store to buy ingredients to make said dinner (which I think is going to be a giant hoagie). Oh, and FHE, which I almost forgot (I usually do and still have time to forget yet again.) But for me, this is a super mom day! It will likely be the only one this week, and is the first in several weeks, but you gotta take victories however you can. And now I need to go wake up my toddler before her nap reaches 3 hours and her bedtime must need extend to 10:30.
UPDATE: I was too late. Despite all the fun at the beach and a 9:30 bedtime, here it is 2am and we've been up for a couple of hours already. The problem with being a "super mom," is that it doesn't always coincide with "super kids" or "super husband"s. I did do a quick run to the store, made a delicious dinner (that my "super family" did not particularly care for), had a fast FHE, a picnic dinner on the beach (that we shared with "super seagulls" - they were the only ones eating the veggies), and we all showered/bathed and went to bed at a decent hour (for a beach night). Chad even came home from work early (4:30) making the evening possible. And yet somehow, no vegetables were eaten, no sleep is being had (except by Chad, of course) and my mood is much too blah. Maybe tomorrow I'll be just mom and will get a day of super kid. :)

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

good for you. see you at the beach!

Keeping up with the Burtons said...

Sometimes you should just leave well enough alone right? At least you got in a super day to start off the week. Now when you're dragging for the rest of the week, you can still feel accomplished knowing that the laundry and dishes and bread still got done :)

Scott, Aimee, & Emily said...

Oh I just love those kids of days when you feel super productive at the end of the day! Although my days are never topped off with going to the beach! Have fun!!