




I've been thinking lately what a special part of our family Happy is. I know people think it's strange that we vacation with our dog or by how much we bring her with us everywhere, but she really is part of our family. She was my baby when I didn't have Sakura, she makes sure I get outside and walk around every day, she keeps me warm at night, she makes us feel safe... and I can't imagine what Sakura would be like without her. Sakura LOVES dogs. She has never known life without one, and she lights up whenever she sees one. She especially likes Ranger (neighbor's dog) and Max, who she asks for now all the time. She loves to chase Happy around before bed. She bosses Happy around all the time, though Happy doesn't usually listen. She wants to make Happy do tricks and we are always taking the dog food away from Sakura. She is Happy's advocate whenever Happy is in trouble and is constantly sharing her people food with Happy too. If I could get Happy to sleep in Sakura's room, we'd have no problems at night. Sakura loves our little dog. And Happy loves her too. The first thing Happy wants to do when she gets up is see Sakura. I have to fight Happy to keep her from waking Sakura up. As soon as Sakura makes a sound, Happy is whining at her door. They fight like siblings and love each other like siblings too. I'm so glad we have our long little dog. (Happiness gets her names from the book in the picture... if we ever get a rabbit, its name will be Pat)

2 comments:
As the owner of 2 little dogs, too, I must say that I totally agree with you. I think that animals, especially the pets we choose to live with and love, are such an amazing part of this world and that we are very blessed to have their companionship.
happy is awesome.
Post a Comment