Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Summer Update

Since I made an accidental post on here earlier and then deleted it, let me make an actual post, since I've done none all summer.  Btw, here's our summer, courtesy of Chad's iPhone:

Burton Reunion
summer fun and games
Pioneer Trek
Geehan visit
horseback riding lessons
Oregon Trip

Where we are now: The fightinf is out of control and we are soooooooooo glad to be sending the kids back to school. 
Sakura started 2nd grade yesterday. She will be taking her second year of harp and continuing horseback riding from summer.
Seth will be in preschool 5 fays a week this year to gear him up to be in kindergarten next year.
Liam will be turning two in about a month! I've decreed that we can no longer call him "baby" after that. :(
Chad was recently called to be the Elder's Quorum President. His life is going to be extremely busy and hard, but he's going to do so much good.
I am trying to wean off my need for a nanny. Since I recently started physical therapy for my knees and am getting MRIs on both my shoulders later today, it may be as hard to give up extra help physically as it will be hard mentally. We'll see how everything goes.
My dad started a new job teaching 7-9 grade science at a charter school much closer to home.
My mom is still in Oregon taking care of her mom, but will be back Labor Day weekend or sometime thereafter.
And there you are. The dogs are doing the same, the house and cars haven't changed (though we are painting the front door this week, assuming it stops raining!) Life continues along, some good, some bad, some in between. Maybe one day I'll start writing on here again regularly and visiting my friends' blogs regularly - maybe now that we finally got a new computer, that will happen since I won't have to rely on the crappy blogger app on my ipad. No promises. Anyone even look at this page anymore?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, I'm looking... and glad that I was on my computer so I could put your post's text into notepad to help me read it.
I love the girl's mermaid tails!
Also, I'm glad the older kids are starting school.
And about Liam not being called "baby" anymore, that's probably a good thing.
When we were in Oregon, people still saw Jay and called him "Little Jay"
Ummm, he's an adult now. Married and everything.
Being the youngest just sticks with you.