Ok, so the first picture is just a cute one of when Chad took Sakura fishing. Probably the only time it'll happen this year cuz fall is imminent. She didn't catch any fish and they got rained on, but Sakura loved it! Wish they could have gone more this summer - I know my dad would have loved to have gone with them too!
Now for the crazy week! First Chad painted the kids' rooms so we could make the big switcheroo - Seth room was previously painted for the new baby, but the pink room had to go neutral for Seth and the neutral room had to go pink for Sakura (no, we couldn't just switch the kids instead of the rooms, that would have been too easy! pics of the rooms next time when they aren't covered in junk but are at lease semi-decorated) Then I had my now weekly OB appointment and for some reason my belly had shrunk a significant amount so the Dr decided I needed an ultrasound... only it was Thursday and I couldn't get in until Monday. So I got to worry all weekend! That night Chad left for to hiking in AZ with his brother and sister and some others. (so I got to worry alone.) And then Fri morning, my mom woke up with a stomach bug that lasted almost a week!
To continue the crazy week, on Saturday my sister-in-law/nanny got a phone call that her uncle had died unexpectedly. Then I heard from Chad, who was on his way home and had gotten the phone call that his grandmother had finally passed away. We immediately started looking for plane tickets and people to fill in for his work schedule. No prob, except he had to trade the funeral dates for my due date! (this baby better come earlier!) Grandmother had been sick for some time and we were glad she could go home. All of the siblings were together and all of the grandkids were also there. What a wonderful woman Grandmother was. We will miss her much. Sakura has been praying almost every day since she heard that Grandmother will come alive again. What sweet and pure faith she has!
Chad was gone Tues/Wed/Thurs and Julie was gone Thurs, and somehow we managed to survive. It was a lot to happen in a single week, but it worked out and we're grateful I was at a point in my pregnancy that Chad could fly out for the funeral. He's got to stay close to home from now on!
BTW, the baby is fine - the ultrasound showed he was already 6lbs 8oz, so no growing problems! My fluid was a little low, but still fine. The next appointment I was measuring bigger than I should, so apparently this little guy just likes to position himself in a way to confuse the doctor/nurses and worry his mommy! I also saw my psychiatrist and he's started me on lamictal, which is an anti-seizure med that works great for mood disorders. And it's safe to use in pregnancy, particularly at the end of it (3 MDs and a PhD all concur.) I hope it works well for me! Next time I'll try and post the room changes and how we're getting ready for this little boy (for whom we still have not picked out a name!)

1 comment:
yikes. feel free to vent all you want :) hope things are smoother this week
Post a Comment