Monday, September 24, 2012

Kids' Rooms Makeovers

Switching the kids' rooms has been the biggest project in getting ready for our new little guy, and it has gone surprisingly well! For the baby, we're pretty much ready upstairs (I think). You can see my hospital bag (which will become the diaper bag) hanging on the cradle and we also bought a "diaper pail (small, lidded trash can).

 
The baby's corner of our bedroom

The cradle is under the window next to my side of the bed
The "guest room" is now in what will become the baby's room after the new year when he's big enough to put into a crib in his own room. I wonder what will fill our empty corner then? The guest room will go down into the basement when Jay and Julie move out.
previous owners' pic shows the ugly pink stripes poor Seth lived in for a year

now a soothing green (more blue-toned in person)

We painted over the bright pink of Sakura's old room in a really boring color to get it ready for Seth's colorful car room. But we hit a snafu when we discovered the Cars2 posters we got for his room are NOT standard poster size. That means no ready frames for them unless altered and I'm not paying to have posters custom framed. We're still working on it. Poor Seth. I'm so grateful he's such an easy-going kid. And hey - we got him a race car bed, so that makes up for his room taking forever to finish, right? (and his living in an ugly pink-striped bedroom for a year?)
Before
During
Sakura's room is the most finished room in the house! She needs the second half of her curtains done and one day I want to put her light fixture in Seth's room and a little chandelier in her room. I think her room looks fabulous though!




Maybe one day we'll actually get around to painting OUR bedroom! ;) Oh, and the living room and kitchen are looking better, though I really hate to post pictures mid-way through the change. They might get mostly done before the end of the year... if I can ever figure out what to do with the fireplace wall (and then actually do it!)

No comments: