I don't have my next OB appointment til Friday, but I figured I'd let everyone know what's going on anyway. Let me just start briefly from the beginning in case anyone missed out on what's been happening.
I am 13.5 weeks pregnant currently. At 8 weeks, I started bleeding and the ultrasound showed a subchorionic hematoma (a pocket of blood resulting from a tear near the connection of the baby to me). I was told to "take it easy" and come back in 2 weeks. After 2 weeks the doctor said I was fine and could resume normal activity. 5 days later, I was bleeding heavily and ultrasound showed the hematoma was back and as big as ever. That made me realize that I was going to have to "take it easy" for the rest of my pregnancy and this was more than my family could shoulder on it's own. Thus started the search for help. We now have cleaners that come every 2 weeks and I think we have a nanny. The search for a nanny has been much harder than I would have thought. It took weeks before we found one, and then she quit after 1 day. It took over a week to find a new one, and just when I really need her (Chad is out of town), she gets sick and I am left in the lurch until she is well again. So I decided to use the church network and called the Visiting Teaching coordinator to find out my visiting teachers. By some fluke, I haven't been assigned any, so she suggested I call one of the counselors in the Relief Society. I did and I asked for the most minimum amount of help I thought I could manage. It took her nearly 3 hours to find anyone to help me. One is college girl on spring break who is supposed to be helping with the bishop's new twins (5 days old) but it taking 2 hours to come over and help me. The other is a mother who can come for 2 hours with her young son, a little younger than Seth. I am sooo grateful for the help and sincerely hope I am not putting out the bishop's family (I plan to see if their daughters can come over as well, since they're Sakura's best friends anyway.) Oh yeah, and I seriously considered just muddling through it myself without help, but I started bleeding again on Thursday (4th time now) and it hasn't let up yet, so I knew that would just be incredibly dumb of me. My OB never seems concerned when I call and mention I'm bleeding, (which I really hate) so my regular appointment was not moved up when I called this last time and no ultrasound scheduled. And because of insurance coverage, I can't really find a new OB, though I'd certainly like to.
I am having a hard time understanding what direction the Lord is trying to push me in. It was really hard to have to hire someone to come take care of my kids, while I'm still actually at home. But I did. And it fell apart - twice. Hopefully we'll be ok in a day or two and we haven't completely lost another nanny. I've let church members know what's going on and asked them for help as well, and everyone's lives are too busy and too full. There seem to be dead ends everywhere I turn, and I really don't know what to do anymore, but try and muddle through the best I can. This has been the longest pregnancy, and I'm barely done with the first trimester. And bleeding in your second trimester is more alarming than bleeding in your first, so it doesn't appear things will be going up from here. But honestly right now all I want is to make it through tomorrow with everyone intact. I will deal with the days after that as they come.
Kinder promotion, Theo violin concert
3 months ago

2 comments:
I sincerely hope that you can find some good help to get you through these difficult times. I'm so sorry that things don't seem to be getting any better. You're in my prayers.
Hey Nat- that totally sucks about everything. Just wanted to say I don't know who your current OB is there in Utah but I went to some bad ones there. You can try the Aspen Women's Center (it's Dr Judd & Weibel) they are seriously awesome!!! I loved them so much. Anyway I'm sorry I'm not there to help you.
Post a Comment