Even though it's not entirely true, I'm going to blame my lack of picture-taking on my camera. Even with brand-new batteries in it, it sometimes refuses to start up. Perhaps it's time to spring for a new camera. Most of the time I have pictures but haven't gotten around to loading them. This time, I really don't have pictures to load. Stories to tell, maybe, but not much in the way of pictures.
Sakura has hit that age where she says funny stuff. Like this morning she said my hair looked like floppy ears (my bangs). Or the other day when we were arguing about who loved who more, and she said "I love you more. I'm going to push you off the bed!" and did. Or last night when she tried to get Chad to wear a hair comb with a crown on it. And there's the "Mommy you have purple eyes" comment about the bags under my eyes. And she tells me I have "flower eyes" when the sun shines on them and you can see the inner color contrast really well. She's always telling us what she "needs" or what "Seth needs" (both meaning what she WANTS). I really need to be better about writing this stuff down. Anyway, she just cracks us up all the time. (Just now I told her she was a nut and asked her what kind. A donut of course!)
Seth has not yet decided to walk or talk or even stand alone yet. I think he's capable, but just too laid back to care. But he BITES! I have tiny little bruises all over my shoulders from his 6 little teeth. He crawls like crazy and pulls himself up to stand on everything. He even teases his sister! He will take something he knows is hers, wave it at her til she notices, then laugh like crazy as crawls away from her as fast as he can, while she runs after him screaming. I didn't know it would start so young. We haven't taken him to the beach this season yet. I think he'll probably just sit there and try to eat the sand. But we have to do it before we are beach-less! Which reminds me - I'll have to get Adri to take some family beach pics before we move. :)
Chad is counting down the days to the end of residency. He graduates the 24th (June), we move the 25th and he starts work on the 6th. Oh, and we close on the house on May 16th! Everything is looking good! Chad has had a second job trying to make sure all the paperwork and wahtever else is properly taken care of. He is doing his last month of floors (YAY!) and has (hang on, let me ask...) 54 days til graduation. (he is counting down)
I am... doing alright, actually. Things are weird, and messy, but good. I can't say I've been good with housework, but I'm not stressing over it, so at least that's good. (The apartment is more trashed than when Seth was first born!) I've made a new friend (even though we're moving in 2 months) and I feel like I finally have a good network of friends out here. Of course! That's why I'm moving. :P The new friends I make are gonna have a lot to live up to!
So that's what's going on here. Oh! And I am extremely grateful none of the tornados reached us! We sure got some spectacular lighting shows though.
Kinder promotion, Theo violin concert
3 months ago

3 comments:
Hey I didn't realize you even had a blog! I love it! I love reading the stories about your kids. I can just picture Sakura saying all those things!
pick the day and we'll go take pics :)
We are so excited for you guys- lots of good things in your future :) We can't wait to have you on the west coast and see you more often.
Post a Comment