Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's Personal again

As Natalie just posted a link to her "personal" blog, I quenched a bit knowing that a lot of personal thoughts about her depression would be out in the open. Her intentions are noble, and that is... to help others who are dealing with the same issues. Natalie was close to needing in- patient psychiatric treatment this weekend for severe depression. She's going through a transition from one medication (Prozac) to another newer agent (Cymbalta). The transition takes 6 weeks, and we are on week 2. One reason the transition takes so long is because the Prozac stays in the body so long that the additive effects of another similar agent could be dangerous. So the slow tappering process is challenging as she's on a lower dosage of Prozac. I wonder why the Lord is letting us suffer through these trials right now. Perhaps one reason is to help us realize that we need Him, more than ever. We'll also have a stronger relationship once we can look back and see what we've gone through. As long as you remember, Natalie, that we will pull through this together with the Lord. Temple marriage is so special because it's not just two people making vows to each other, however devoted and well intentioned those promises are. It's a covenant between all of us... you, me, and the Lord. He'll take care of us as we turn to Him, and we'll learn the lessons He wants us to learn. And we'll eventually become the people He wants us to be. I'm here for you always and forever, love. -Chad

1 comment:

Cattaya said...

Chad and Natalie, you both have my love and prayers at this delicate time in your lives. I can somewhat understand what you are going through Natalie, because there is severe depression in my family and I have moment of it from time to time, but it is with Chad that I can fully empathize. My mother suffers from extreme depression and anxiety for many years now. It was exacerbated by the pregnancy of my youngest brother (now almost 12 years old) She suffered from severe panic attacks during the pregnancy (As many as 8-10 a day) and has suffered from severe depression ever since. I know how hard it is to watch someone suffer so much and feel helpless.(though Chad being a physician has an advantage) I am here any time you need to talk or anything at all. You are both such wonderful people. I must admit that the two of you were contributing factors in my decision to join the Attaya Family. I am so grateful that through the gospel and Temple ordinances we will all be together throughout eternity. When my mom was having such a hard time with her anxiety attacks she would print out some words of comfort and post them on her wall to look at, one of the things she posted was a scripture that said something about being "encircled in the arms of HIS love" I am not sure of the reference but I can find out and send it to you. It really helped her through some of the toughest times. Know that I love you guys and think about you often!