Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Crazy, I know

There is this one house, that I just can't help but liking, though it's really not a spectacular home or anything. I can't tell you the looks I've gotten from Chad about it, but there's just something about it, I don't know what, that draws me in. (on the inside) Chad says I'm crazy. What do you think?
Oh, and there's another house, with landscaping to die for!

Anyway, here are some pictures of decorating styles I like - maybe that'll give you a clue, or reinforce the crazy theory! :)









6 comments:

Camille Farias said...

The Orem house is in a pretty nice location. It's more or less across the street from a ton of Cherry Orchards in a quiet neighborhood that's close to everything yet off the beaten path. There's a GORGEOUS city park down the street (with duck pond), and it's only minutes walk away from book stores, toy stores, craft stores, and TONS of restaurants. It's also about a mile away from Walmart.
The exterior could use some updating, but Hardi board siding is cheap and could spruce the old gal up pretty quick.
It's nice inside- cozy without being overbearing. It has good light, and nice architectural details.
Incidentally, the local Elem. school is biligual dual emersion English/Spanish. I have a friend whose mother teaches 1st grade there.
Don't know much about the Alpine one, except that the commute from Alpine to Provo is insanely long. It does have GORGEOUS landscaping, though.

Camille Farias said...

Part 2: I just looked at the tour of the Orem house. It looks gorgeous on the inside. So many architectural details. I didn't realize the outside was stucco. It looks like it needs a new roof and garage door and maybe upgraded paint, but that's it.
The one major drawback I can see is that it is located directly on the corner of a semi-busy intersection. It's not crazy busy, but there is steady traffic at that intersection pretty much day and night.
It is, however, directly across the street from the cherry orchards and has a nice view of the Lake.

Camille Farias said...

Have you seen this one? www.utahrealestate.com/1003631
This one is pretty impressive, too:
www.utahrealestate.com/1014414
It's in the most exclusive neighborhood in Provo... possibly the entire county.

Camille Farias said...

The woodwork on this one is crazy!
www.utahrealestate.com/973956

Natalie said...

all 3 ones I like that Chad's not too keen on. He's more a mega-mansion kind of guy. Not that I wouldn't LOVE a country manor, but... Well, we see what happens. :)

Nathan said...

I have to say, when I saw those decorating pictures I just saw you. It really does seem very...Natalie. :)
~Amanda