In your price range, there are a ton of houses priced to sell that are really going to be worth more than a million dollars if the market ever recovers. It's a good place to be. Don't get your heart set on anything unless you plan on buying soon, though. The good deals here get snatched up quick, and I've never seen a house last longer than about 6 months even in the slow times unless there was something hideously wrong with it. Not to be a total downer, just want to make sure you don't fall in love with some place and start mentally decorating it, only to have it sold the next week. That's happened to me too many times and I don't want it to happen to you. I am glad, however, that you have started to find some good properties. It's good to know that when you're ready to sit down and commit that you'll have a ton of choices.
Fortunately, (or not) I haven't fallen in love with anything. There are houses I'd be happy with, but nothing perfect has cropped up so far. I'm hoping time will be on my side in that regard. But I just can't stop myself looking at houses.
3 comments:
In your price range, there are a ton of houses priced to sell that are really going to be worth more than a million dollars if the market ever recovers. It's a good place to be. Don't get your heart set on anything unless you plan on buying soon, though. The good deals here get snatched up quick, and I've never seen a house last longer than about 6 months even in the slow times unless there was something hideously wrong with it. Not to be a total downer, just want to make sure you don't fall in love with some place and start mentally decorating it, only to have it sold the next week. That's happened to me too many times and I don't want it to happen to you.
I am glad, however, that you have started to find some good properties. It's good to know that when you're ready to sit down and commit that you'll have a ton of choices.
Fortunately, (or not) I haven't fallen in love with anything. There are houses I'd be happy with, but nothing perfect has cropped up so far. I'm hoping time will be on my side in that regard. But I just can't stop myself looking at houses.
Love it. It has me wondering, "why o' why can't we be done" So excited for you guys.
Post a Comment