My very good friend Shalissa hosted my baby shower last night and my new friend and VT companion Judi planned the entertainment. I am so grateful for all the wonderful friends I have out here. :) My sister made me promise to take lots of pictures, and of course I forgot - but I did get some pictures! Thank you so much everyone for the food, the gifts, and for coming to help celebrate my new little one!
I got some super-cute clothes and some amazing hand-made gifts! And several people pooled together and bought me a crib!! I'd list everything and who gave me what and pictures of each item, but I thought that might be boring. Let me know though if you'd like that and I will. :) Oh, and Debbie made these cute little pacifier cookies that I had to get a picture of for my sister. :)
We had to guess nursery rhymes and recite them - my mom won that game! And we also guessed the names for male/female/baby animals - wow, were we all terrible at that one! I'll post them up here and you can see how you do! Oh wait - I don't have the answers for the animal one, so you'll have to look them up!
Nursery Rhymes:
1. Triplet felines who can't keep track of their clothing
2. Irreparable broken egg
3. Small, seated girl who is afraid of insects
4. Hungry singing boy
5. Young forgetful shepherd
6. Swift boy who leaps over flames
7. Musical feline and dancing dishes
8. Elderly woman with hungry dog and empty cabinets
9. Clumsy couple on an errand to the well
10. Elderly, happy monarch who smoked and ate a lot
11. Small boy who eats pie with his hands
12. Elderly woman with unique living quarters
13. Cheap, freshly baked pastries
14. Male trio who bathed together
15. Tired shepherd boy with trumpet
16. Maternal game bird
(answers in comment section)
Animals:
alligator, bear, cat, chicken, deer, dolphin, duck, elephant, fish, goat, gorilla, hamster, horse, human, kangaroo, lion, rabbit, shark, wasp. (haha - good luck!)

1 comment:
1. 3 little kittens
2. Humpty Dumpty
3. Little Miss Muffet
4. Little Tommy Tucker
5. Little Bo Peep
6. Jack be Nimble
7. Hey diddle diddle
8. Old Mother Hubbard
9. Jack and Jill
10. Old King Cole
11. Little Jack Horner
12. There was an Old Woman (who lived in a shoe)
13. Hot cross buns
14. 3 men in a tub
15. Little Boy Blue
16. Mother Goose
It's 1 point for the title and 1 more point if you can recite it. My mom scored 27 - anyone beat that?
Post a Comment