Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Sakura!

Sakura turned 2 on Sunday and we had her birthday party on friday. It was fun and we had a good turnout. I know it's taken me a while to get this post up - it took me weeks to prepare for the party, it's gonna take me weeks to wrap it up!






Frozen bananas instead of ice cream, to go with our monkey theme.



The loot!




She loved the balloons we got - after her bath, she didn't even wait for a diaper before going back to the balloons!




Monkey Bread Cake - great for kids because you just pull it apart with your fingers - no utensils required.






Again with the balloons! At least she's dressed this time.
















Sakura's current favorite book. Thank you Grandma!













It was too windy to do this at her party outside, so we did this later in the house. Good thing she didn't know to make a wish.

2 comments:

Lanae said...

Happy Birthday Sakura!!! Wow, can't believe she's already 2. I guess it needs to sink in how fast the time is flying by, Austin will be 2 in just a few months.
Hope all is well and I hope she's having fun with all of her monkey gear. Love, Lanae

Keeping up with the Burtons said...

What a fun birthday! Sakura is 1 lucky girl. I love seeing her "obsession" with Curious George, it's so cute!